New to homeschool former teacher and 8 year old daughter on Topsail Island
    Unregistered Guest

Talking New to homeschool former teacher and 8 year old daughter on Topsail Island

Hi guys! We would love to find some friends to do some fabulous field trips. we are willing to drive to wilmington, jacksonville, RDU, chapel hill, myrtle beach, and even Gastonia-Charlotte (that's our original 'home'.) We live a block down from the sea turtle hospital, and there are several super cool things in the area, we just need some friends.

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Hello! After a quick vacation on Topsail Island this summer, I'm definitely envious of your awesome location! We didn't have the chance to check out the sea turtle hospital this time around but have already put it on our list of things to do this year! We're just south of RDU in Fayetteville. I hope you've found some new field-tripping friends!
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

Unregistered Guest

Default Homeschool group

I'm looking for a homeschool group that my son could be apart of. He is 7 and currently in 2nd grade. He hates going to school because of anxiety and we are looking for a different option. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Unregistered Guest

Default Onslow/Pender field triips homeschooling group

Hi. If you are still looking for a homeschooling group, look up "Oaks and Acorns" on Facebook. We are a group of homeschooling families from throughout Onslow county and surrounding areas. We have planned events and field trips all the time. We all met at Sturgeon City Science in Jacksonville for a field trip this week. If you're not familiar, Jacksonville/Camp Lejeune area is about 35-40 minutes from Topsail Island.