New to Homeschooling
    Waters Edge Academy Guest

Red face New to Homeschooling

Hello Everyone!
    I will be homeschooling my son this year. We are re-doing first grade because he was set to be retained in public school. We are part of a Classical Conversations homeschool community and will be using Time4Learning as a supplement. My son is 7 and has ADD. It is very hard. To keep him focused and he hates writing! Does anyone have any pointers?

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

My oldest has ADHD as well...we pulled him out after 5th grade and I too, had him redo several grades so we could find where his gaps were in his learning. Also he HATES to write... For as young as he is I suggest Excellence in Writing (PALS version) my boys are actually taking a co op class with a mom who is using the program. They still don't love to write but they are getting better at it. We are also doing the Time4Writing classes again later this year, but I believe it is for 2nd grade and up?

I did have trouble getting my oldest to concentrate as well so I just did small doses of T4L and other lessons about 3 or 4 days a week with one day of out of the house learning LIKE museums, trip to zoo,etc. Hope this helps...
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure