New to homeschooling
    proudmommy7808 Guest

Smile New to homeschooling

Hello... I am new to homeschooling. I am homeschooling a kindergartener and I was wondering if someone could give me an idea on how i should start a activity schedule. Im new to T4L and im not sure on how long i should start my son out. I dont want to make the lessons to long to loose his attention. I know all kids are different i just wanted a general idea on about how long to keep him on a subject a day. Thanks in advance.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello,proudmommy7808. Welcome to T4L and to homeschooling.

As a new Time4Learning user, this link for Helps and Hints should be helpful. You'll find several videos that will guide you on how to use the T4L, like changing grade levels or how to use the Activity Scheduler.
    To use the Activity Scheduler you'll need to log in as a parent, Click on How to Begin, and select Activity Scheduler.

We've been using T4L for several years now. We don't use the Activity Scheduler. This is what we do:
    If you want your student to complete approximately one grade level during the school year, divide the number of lesson activities in a subject by the number of days in your school year and leave a little "wiggle room" to accomodate illness or other unexpected occurences. I just tell my kids something like, "Do one language arts, one language arts extension, two math, two science, and one social studies (along with any associated tests and quizzes) each day." You might want to tweak this a bit if you use the printable resources.

Time4Learning provides some planning worksheets in the Getting Started Guide.

I hope this helps. Best wishes. Enjoy your homeschool journey!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass