New to homeschooling
    hailey24 Guest

Default New to homeschooling

Hello,

I just started homeschooling my 14 year old daughter and I don't know if I'm doing it correctly. I never thought I would be homeschooling but she was bullied last year and has never felt comfortable in school since then. I do need to find activities for her outside of the home, if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks, Shari

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, hailey24.

It's likely that you need to submit a Letter of Intent to Homeschool to your local school board superintendent. I say likely because each state has different homeschool laws and regulations. If I'm not mistaken, NC also requires you to log attendance. The Progress Report on Time4Learning tracks the usage by date, so that will be helpful for you.

I recommend you find a local homeschool support group. This link may help you in finding one. You may also want to find the North Carolina homeschool organization. I don't know if you have more than one. But you can either find that through Google or one of the support groups on that list. Another link I want to share with you is from Time4Learning Information for North Carolina.
    And lastly, this free Welcome to Homeschool Guide will also be helpful for you as you begin your homeschooling journey.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums. Feel free to ask any questions! ...and welcome to Time4Learning and homeschooling!!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

DrSuzi is offline Junior Member

Shari,
    I am homeschooling my 15 yr old daughter here in NC. If you are in the Wake County area, please reply and I can send you tons of info on hs groups and activities.
    Best!