New to homeschooling in Charlotte! 5th & 3rd Grader Any advice about state test?
    gjahill82 Guest

Default New to homeschooling in Charlotte! 5th & 3rd Grader Any advice about state test?

Hello All,

I am new to Homeschooling & I am just trying to make sure I cover all bases. Any advice on any part of homeschooling for a 5th & 3rd grader. I work full time and I am trying to figure out how to make it all work! Also does anyone know if the children are required to take a state test in Charlotte, NC, where do they take it & how much is it? Thanks for your time!

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Hello and welcome! So glad you found us! As far as testing goes, in North Carolina you are required to administer a yearly standardized test. You can choose the test you use (from the ones that are available) and based on the one you chose, you will likely be the one to administer it. You keep the results on file, they are not required to be turned in. The tests range from pretty inexpensive to a little more so. You can look up standardized testing for homeschoolers to find out what's out there! Hope that helps!
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003