New Homeschooling Dad!
    rickvon2010 is offline Member

Default New Homeschooling Dad!

Hello everybody! I am a new homeschooling dad to my 5 year old daughter Riley. My name is Rick and my family lives in Goldsboro, NC. The military brought us here. My wife is serving in the Air Force. I finished college with a Master's degree in 2012 and decided my daughter needed me more than the workforce. If anybody lives nearby and would like to set up play dates throughout the year my social butterfly would love it. I welcome all tips and tricks from veteran homeschoolers! This is my first go round as a kindergarten teacher! I need all the help I can get!

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Welcome, Rick! Always nice to hear from a homeschool Dad! Kindergarten is a really fun time for homeschooling! You should also check out the facebook group Homeschooler's in the Military.
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

Default Thanks

Thanks Nicole I liked the homeschoolers in the military page. I appreciate you letting me know about it!

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Not a problem! I hope you are finding resources and encouragement to get your school year started. Happy Homeschooling!
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

Mountain Dad is offline Junior Member Newbie

Another Homeschooler dad here. Hello all. We used T4L last year, but first time in forums posting. I teach my 14 year old Autistic son. We almost put in in a public school this year, but just couldn't do it. He was public school grade 1-8.

Anyone have any suggestions in NC for sports, Scouting, etc. or other outside opportunities for homeschoolers ?

thanks
    Tom

Tom, Before I began homeschooling I was a behavior therapist who worked with children on the Autism Spectrum. One of my clients was a 12 year old with autism and I was schooling him, because the school did not meet his educational needs. The goals for this young man were to become more independent and learn how to do things around the household himself and be safe in public. I would do his school work first and by doing good at his school work he earned daily trips. Sometimes we would make a list and take a trip to the grocery store, so he could pick out what he wanted to make for lunch and then we would go back and make the lunch item. By the time I was done working with him he could make a list, go find it in the store and come back and prepare the item himself. The trips would consist of the park, mall, arcade, beach, and eating places. If his behavior was not appropriate during the schoolwork time he could always earn the trip on the next day and try again. There are lots of things for children to do in NC, but it depends on your location. Check Facebook, check meetup groups on the computer.
    Rick Von Linsowe, MS
    Air Force Family
    Homeschooling Dad of one 1st grade Princess