New to Homeschooling Raleigh/Wakefield Area
    stockdaleta is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to Homeschooling Raleigh/Wakefield Area

Hi, fellow parents. I am new to homeschooling and have just moved into the North Raleigh/Wakefield area. I am in serious need of some support. I have a very smart, outgoing, creative 13 year old son. We were living in the DC area, but had to relocate due to unexpected job reasons. We had only been living there for 7 months, so my son had started a new school there just this past August. To avoid him having to start a new school more than halfway through the year, we have decided to homeschool him until the new 2012-2013 school year begins. The most important thing to me is that he continues to interact with children his own age. I know there are some support groups out there where fellow homeschooling parents and children get together, i just don't know where to begin to find one of these groups. If there is anyone out there who could give me some advice or at least lead me in a certain direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for any support you can offer!!

Tara

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to T4L Tara!! WE have this thread that has some of the support groups in NC listed you can also check out the member locator tool to see if there are any T4L families near by you, as well!(Just put in a city and state) So great to hear that you all are loving homeschooling, I know since I pulled my boys out over 5 years ago that we couldn't be happier with it. Yes there are days that we go to our separate rooms,LOL but those are few and far between!!
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

stockdaleta is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks so much for your advice!!