New to Homeschooling and T4L
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nicole McGhee

Thread: New to Homeschooling and T4L

Ttownyvonne is offline Junior Member

Default New to Homeschooling and T4L

Hi, I am in Tarboro, NC and this is the first time I have ever homeschooled. I decided to homeschool my 6th grade daughter due to being bullied and also having excessive absences due to medical issues. I am looking for help/advice on things and have received some excellent answers from one of the other forums, but wanted to post here as well. I am looking at all options for mid-year start since my daughter went to public school the first half of the year. I am also looking for homeschool groups in our area or close to our area that we can socialize with and do activities with as she needs the social interaction. I appreciate everyone's input and advice. I am a single mom and full time student at ECU pursuing my BSW. I am also an older mom; I have a 24 year old daughter as well who is an ASU grad. I look forward to our homeschooling adventure and am glad to be here.

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Welcome to the forums and to homeschooling! I've never started mid-year as we've homeschooled from the beginning. You need to let the state know you're homeschooling by filing your notice of intent on their website as well as following the other requirements they have listed. I don't think you technically have to notify the school, but I think it would be a good idea so they know what is going on and not just marking her truant. And then you just get started! I'm not sure of groups in your area, but a quick online search should net you some results. I hope you are finding all of the answers to your questions. I know it can seem daunting at first to get started, but I think you'll do great!
    Ttownyvonne likes this.
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003