New to New Bern and home schooling
    Unregistered Guest

Red face New to New Bern and home schooling

We are considering home school for our 6th grader and would greatly appreciate any advice we can get.

lesliewalker193 is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am in New Bern and well and considering starting homeschool next year. My son is currently in K at a private school but we aren't sure we want to continue, and I have a 4 year old daughter and 7 month old son. I know there is the co-op at Kingdom Way, and the woman that runs it provided me some great information. You can find it under Yahoo groups. And I saw that there is a group in Havelock. But I would love to chat and help each other since this is new to me as well!

Unregistered Guest

Default New Bern

Quote Originally Posted by lesliewalker193 View Post
    I am in New Bern and well and considering starting homeschool next year. My son is currently in K at a private school but we aren't sure we want to continue, and I have a 4 year old daughter and 7 month old son. I know there is the co-op at Kingdom Way, and the woman that runs it provided me some great information. You can find it under Yahoo groups. And I saw that there is a group in Havelock. But I would love to chat and help each other since this is new to me as well!
    Welcome to New Bern!!
    We are not currently homeschooling, but I am researching it for my 5 year old. There are lots of people here that homeschool. There is the co-op that meets at Temple Baptist Church and then there is a program called "Classical Conversations" that meets on Tuesdays at Tabernacle....I have heard great things about this program. I am also looking into what resources are available as I am contemplating homeschooling vs. public schools. Thanks for your help too!

Unregistered Guest

Default Excited and Nervous

We will start homeschooling this year. We'll be doing kingdomway. It is reasonably affordable. Would LOVE to do classical conversations but it is really expensive. Now knowing how much it is. I think I'll save up for next year and send all four.

Default Re: New to New Bern and home schooling

I'm in Havelock and have an 8 year old homeschooling! Wish we could start a group or something to have them meet up.

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: New to New Bern and home schooling

We've done kingdomway. You know that saying "you get what you pay for"? Not worth paying for the extra classes either. The woman that runs it has a daughter that also attends WITH her boyfriend. To much drama with those two. I was once told they were all over each other in front of others. I did not witness this but I don't think the person that told me this would lie. When you go in you sit down on the bleachers for announcements. she would sit in between his legs and they , I guess you can say cuddle. :/
    Once I told the director that I would not be attending the following year, her attitude towards me completely changed. She was very dry, and rude. CC is very expensive. I've heard great things about it though. There is also a co op called pamlico co op. They are great!!! Please check them out.