Newcommer

Thread: Newcommer

C.Lorraine is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Newcommer

Hey to everyone out there! My name is Lorraine. I've been a homeschool mom for six years, this year she is in the eighth grade. This is our first year doing our curriculum on the internet, ( I'm a little worried but who isn't their first time, right?) LOL. My child is ADHD and has some issues with reading comp. so, I am hoping that this will help her greatly with that. My greatest concerns are: will she be glued to the computer or can we do some outside activies with these subjects, and I don't want her to get to far ahead cause she can work at her on pace.
    So if you have any ideas to help me I would be very thankful!
    Hi again and bye for now,
    C. Lorraine

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

HI C. Lorraine
    My oldest is now in 10th grade... he has ADHD and learning delays (which just means it takes him longer to get new things down) I used T4L for him in the 8th , but then we also did some other subjects like typing,Spanish, spelling,grammar, and he loves animals and history so we would study a animal and its history. I really like T4L for him because being a visual learner the lessons just made it fun for him. Which up until I pulled him out in 5th grade learning was not fun. I would say do the T4L and see what your kiddo likes and create or FIND something on the internet to do with that. I hope this helps!

pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure