Overwhelmed and need help in NC!
    redraven063 Guest

Default Overwhelmed and need help in NC!

Hello everyone. My name is Jada. I have been researching homeschooling my son since 1st grade (now 3rd) and gathering materials. I have read the NC laws about homeschooling but am really overwhelmed. I know it can't be as hard as my mind thinks it is or so many people wouldn't be doing it....lol. I don't really even know what to say....lol. Guidance please! hehe

Jada

~Ashley~ Guest

Hi Jada!,Welcome to homeschooling in NC!I actually did the same thing that you're in the middle of right now!i was overwhelmed and scared that I wouldnt do everything right.But luckily,after talking to some friends that I knew that homeschooled their children I realized that it wasnt as hard as I was making it out to be.(: First,you need to visit ncdnpe website put in your intent to homeschool once you receive your email from them stating that you are a legal homeschool in NC you can then go to your child's school and tell most likely the secretary that you want to withdraw your child have them make a copy of the email stating that you are a legal hs & ask if their are any other papers you need to fill out to withdraw your child.You can start homeschooling that day if you would like.You have to keep a log of attendance make sure your child does schoolwork 180 per year,you can find the attendance log on ncdnpe website.And keep a profile like a binder with the stuff that your child has done.T4L has a printout of everything your child has done and you can add that to your profile.Make sure that you also get a immunization record from your childs dr.Usually about march you will order the eog's from the list provided on ncdnpe just keep that in your house for at least a year just in case ncdnpe needs to see it.And thats about it,I hope that this eases your mind a little & helps you to better understand I wish someone on here wouldve answered my questions when i was in this situation.Luckily,NC is a great homeschooling state there are alot of us we're just spread out.Best of luck to you and your little one!And if you need anything else you can email me
    [email protected]

Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by redraven063 View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Jada. I have been researching homeschooling my son since 1st grade (now 3rd) and gathering materials. I have read the NC laws about homeschooling but am really overwhelmed. I know it can't be as hard as my mind thinks it is or so many people wouldn't be doing it....lol. I don't really even know what to say....lol. Guidance please! hehe

Jada