Plaese help!!

Thread: Plaese help!!

Unregistered Guest

Default Plaese help!!

I am new to homeschooling. My daughter is in the 7th grade this year and I have already registered her with the state and we have our school ID. Where do I go from here? How do I get the curriculum? Is there any online classes that are good?

Unregistered Guest

I am home schooling my 10th grader and am so happy that T4L is beginning a high school program. I took him out of school in 7th grade. We had followed the T4L program with great success for 7th and 8th grades. We supplemented with additional things my son is interested in... like this year he wants to learn about beekeeping...we also read for an hour in the evening. I would suggest to not make things harder than they need to be. Just begin with T4L and follow your child's lead with what she is interested in to supplement additional learning. Create fun ways for her to delve into the material as deep as her interests take her. Let me know what else you are questioning and I will try to help more if I can.

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

I agree with the above post in keeping it simple. Go with Time4Learning and add in anything extra according to interests.
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003

Diane is offline Junior Member

Thank you for the reply, I did decide to sign up and now trying to learn how to navigate through the site. Any kind of advice is appreciated, right now this is all overwhelming.

Nicole McGhee is offline Senior Member

Diane,

My advice would be to start slow. Since this is new for you, I suggest taking some time to learn as you go as far as getting started and educating your daughter. If you're following the Time4Learning curriculum, determine what other needs your daughter has (does she need to improve her writing, is she interested in science and would like to learn more?) and slowly add in any other resources you may need. If you're on facebook, there's also a Time4Learning Families group (it's private so you'll need to submit a request) but there are MANY homeschool moms (and dads) there offering whatever assistance they can to questions people may have.
    ~Nicole
    Homeschooling My Three Sons
    5th Grade, 1st Grade, and a preschooler!
    Army Family since 2003