Proof that my son is being home-schooled
    sheenaminard Guest

Default Proof that my son is being home-schooled

I was just wondering is there somewhere Im suppose to call, or send some info about my son being home schooled. He is in Kindergarden but I am currently home schooling him. Am I suppose to register him in the state of North Carolina as a home schooler? I think he will go to a regular school next year, and I don't want have any problems enrolling him in the first grade! Will they need something that said he completed Kindergarden as a home schooler? Please help!

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Good Morning! I believe that you are required to register with the state at age 7, BUT here is the link DNPE Contact Us
    to call and find out what documents you will need if your son is going to school next year.And below is the link to our T4L NC state page with lots
    of great info on it!

If you are new to homeschooling please check out North Carolina Homeschooling Information Page there is alot of information on there that might help.
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

karenhs2 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by sheenaminard View Post
    I was just wondering is there somewhere Im suppose to call, or send some info about my son being home schooled. He is in Kindergarden but I am currently home schooling him. Am I suppose to register him in the state of North Carolina as a home schooler? I think he will go to a regular school next year, and I don't want have any problems enrolling him in the first grade! Will they need something that said he completed Kindergarden as a home schooler? Please help!
    There is no registration for homeschool students below the age of seven. I would suggest that you contact the school where he may attend for 1st grade to see what the procedure is for students entering who are not in public kindergarten. You might find out something helpful (or you might not). In the Charlotte area, most schools are fairly good to work with at the elementary age in terms of entering after homeschooling. If it were me, I would attempt to find out what skills the school would be looking at in order to place him. If I couldn't get that from the school, I would network locally to find a teacher at that school who could give me a simple list of what he needs to know for 1st grade. One place to network like that is with your local Mommies Network group if you have one: The Mommies Network: Your Mom-to-Mom Connection