Standardized testing in North Carolina
    nccountry is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Standardized testing in North Carolina

I was just wondering what type of testing other parents in North Carolina are using. This is our second year homeschooling 2 children, 3rd and 6th grade. Our youngest daughter has neurologic and neuromuscular disabilties, but intellectually is brilliant. Our 6th grader is an average student, who will more than likely be returning to public schools next year. Last year we just used the shorter version of the CAT test due to the ability for our youngest to write for long periods of time and they both scored very good. However, this year I think I would like something just a little more in depth. Just wondering what other parents are doing.

Thanks!

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi there~

This is our 2nd year as well

We use the Woodcock Johnson test, I have ADHD with learning disabilities 7th grader and it works great for him. And it gives me a great picture of where he is at, it does cost a little more because you have to use a certified tester to use the test. It gives a great mix of verbal and written testing, and it took about 2 hours.

Hope this helps~
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

Unregistered Guest

Default testing question

I have two disabled sons. I use Iwoa with extended time and other modification that public schools allow for special education students with IEP's.If you want to know more go to website for BJU Press Testing and Evaluation Service | BJU Press, these are the most comma testing besides CAT and Johnston-Woodcock. Just let people know what modifcication you use on testing.