What do I need to do?
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    bbydol221 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default What do I need to do?

    We are moving to Charlotte in a couple weeks. What do I need to do to to get my kids set up to homeschool as far as the county is concerned? In GA I had to contact the Super Intendant, sign a letter of consent then fill out monthly attendence records.

  2. #2
    pandahoneybee's Avatar
    pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Blog Entries


    Hello bbydol221 How exciting to be moving to Charlotte it is so beautiful out there! Here is in a nutshell of what you need to do to homeschool in NC you can also check out our NC state page here just in case I missed anything~

    The state of North Carolina requires that all homeschoolers send a Notice of Intent to Operate a School to the Department of Non-Public Education (a copy of this form can be found on their website).They also require that you keep yearly attendance, as well as administer a yearly nationally standardized achievement test. You need to keep them on file just in case you need to show the state that you have done them yearly.

    I hope that this helps!

    Last edited by pandahoneybee; 03-23-2011 at 04:23 AM.
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts