Would a pre-assesssment be appropriate for child before they being homeschooled?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pandahoneybee

Thread: Would a pre-assesssment be appropriate for child before they being homeschooled?

Royll is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Would a pre-assesssment be appropriate for child before they being homeschooled?

Hi,

I would like to do an assessment of my child to see where he is actually at academically and I was wondering does any one know of any other programs that offer this service besides of one that I found online.

The reason I am asking is because of not being able to find out exactly from the teachers in school and I feel that it would be a lot better to know what areas he will need more concentation in.

He is a fifth grader and the scool year is just about over but by doing an assessment. I feel that he would be able to learn quicker then playing hit and miss.

The program that I found is below;

K5 Learning | Online reading and math enrichment program for kids

I intend to take the 14 day trial period and use the free assessment and their program and include it with Time4Learning.

AS I am new to homeschooling could someone help me out a little on this issue.

pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Royll~ I can tell you from personal experience that an assignment of where your son is and what he might have missed in the system is a great way to start homeschooling. I noticed with my oldest that he wasn't getting some of the basics when we first started using time4learning right after I pulled him out of the 5th grade So we went back to (I know it sounds drastic) the 3rd grade and he went thru pretty quickly back up to grade level and we haven't had any problems with gaps since!! Well except for fractions, those one thing that he still has problems with figuring out the answer! Check thru the rest of the threads in the NC group there are A LOT of great resources for everyone from the newbies to homeschooling to ones who have been doing it a long time!

Happy Homeschooling!
    bgillis310 likes this.
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure