Museums, Parks, Learning Centers, Field Trip Ideas, Summer camps and More in ND!
    pandahoneybee is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Museums, Parks, Learning Centers, Field Trip Ideas, Summer camps and More in ND!

I HAVE STARTED A LIST OF FUN THINGS TO DO IN ND AND I AM HOPING THAT YOU ALL WILL ADD TO IT! I KNOW THERE IS NO WAY THAT I CAN KNOW ALL THE GREAT PLACES TO TAKE YOUR KIDS IN ND BUT HERE ARE A FEW I FOUND FOR YOU TO CHECK OUT. MOST ARE MUSEUMS BUT I WOULD LOVE TO ADD OTHERS TYPES OF FUN PLACES THAT YOU GO TO TEACH YOUR KIDS SOMETHING NEW (just click on the name to get to the home website for each place)

Happy Homeschooling!
    Michelle

Field trip Ideas

Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail
    Between May 1804 and September 1806, 32 men, one woman, and a baby traveled from the plains of the Midwest to the shores of the Pacific Ocean. They called themselves the Corps of Discovery. In their search for a water route to the Pacific Ocean, they opened a window onto the west for the young United States.

Museums

Plains Art Museum - Fargo

Dakota Dinosaur Museum
    Provides the student the opportunity to learn about dinosaurs, rocks, minerals, mammals, vertebrate and invertebrate fossils. 200 Museum Drive, Dickinson, ND 58601, (701) 225-DINO

Parks

Double Ditch State Recreation Area

Located north of Bismarck along the Missouri River, Double Ditch Indian Village is considered one of the most important of the Mandan Indian earthlodge villages that dotted the Missouri River region. Today, the state of North Dakota manages two areas at this site. Double Ditch State Historic Site, managed by the State Historical Society of North Dakota, encompasses the original village site

North Country National Scenic Trail
    Hiking Adventures in Seven States - The North Country National Scenic Trail links scenic, natural, historic, and cultural areas in seven states. When completed, through the efforts of many people, the trail will be the longest continuous hiking trail in the United States. The trail allows hikers to experience a variety of northern landscapes. Come and experience your America, at a walking pace.

Learning Centers

Gateway to Science Center
    Our staff and volunteers will spend the first few weeks of January 2005 moving all the exhibits and other items to the new arts and science center at 1810 Schafer Street. Bismarck, ND 58501, (701) 258-1975.

Last edited by pandahoneybee; 03-23-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    pandahoneybee
    My personal blog- Pandahoneybee's Homeschooling Adventure

Unregistered Guest

Yunker's Farm in Fargo is great, too! Thanks for starting such a wonderful list of ND resources.

Blog Entries

Thanks for adding to it
    pandahoneybee

Blog Entries

Have you all been to any of these summer camps?? North Dakota Summer Camps on the Camp Channel Please let us know if they are worth it!
    pandahoneybee

Serena is offline Junior Member Newbie

There is the Heritage Center next to the capital. And it is free. My boys love it. Here is someone review of it

http://www.yelp.com/biz/heritage-center-bismarck