Organization System for T4L as a Core Curriculum
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fairylover

Thread: Organization System for T4L as a Core Curriculum

UmmSurayyah is offline Junior Member

Default Organization System for T4L as a Core Curriculum

Hello. I am new to Time4Learning and am considering using it as my core program this year. I began by making an activity calendar, but what system do you use to organize your daily activity so that you complete a well balanced day of coursework? Across the year, I would like to complete the entire curriculum with space for vacations and supplements. I was thinking of using the activities calendar to make my own document that breaks down each subject side-by-side. Though I entered all subjects, the activities calendar only doles out the lessons for the year for each subject independently. I would prefer them to display alongside each other. So, before I reinvent the wheel, I would love to hear what you all are doing (if you are using T4L as your core). If there is a thread that already addresses this, please feel free to point me in that direction. Thanks!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I don't have a formal written document that spells out our plan. Once I see how many activities there are in each subject for the school year, I decide how many lessons we need to do each day in order to finish by the end of the year. Usually, for us, that works out to 2 or 3 activities in language arts and math, an activity in language arts extensions each day. Then we do two science on Monday and Wednesday and two social studies on Tuesday and Thursday. I like to keep Fridays open to play catch up on anything we missed during the week because of outside activities. We are pretty laid back in our approach to schooling. I think my son learns much more from the outside activities at times.
    UmmSurayyah likes this.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

UmmSurayyah is offline Junior Member

I ended up making a grid system for each week of school that calculates how many lessons per week per subject need for 36 weeks. I then made a copy for myself and one for my daughter to check off boxes or write down scores as she goes along.

Blog Entries

That sounds like it will work great for you. I print out the lesson plans for the year. Each day as my son does his work I write the scores on the printed lesson plan. Then at the end I print the report for the year. I keep these in a notebook.

Unregistered Guest

Default hs diploma

How does my child get an HS Diploma if she finihes the Time 4 learning programs for High School?

Blog Entries

Most of the time homeschool students who really want a diploma take the GED test. Many of my friend's children just skip the high school diploma and take community college courses. Many colleges will accept students at 15. They then work on one or two college courses at a time while they finish there high school work. By the time they are ready to go to a university they already have several college credits.