I'm new.From Dayton,Ohio I want to homeschooling my k-garten son with special needs
    Doris Guest

Default I'm new.From Dayton,Ohio I want to homeschooling my k-garten son with special needs

I would like to meet other parents with kids with special needs home school too.

GavinsMom is offline Junior Member

Hi Doris~
    This year will be the first time homeschooling my Autistic son who is non-verbal. (Nervous? you bet!) We decided to homeschool because we just didn't feel the educational facilities that are available in our area (Wayne County) would adequately meet his unique needs. I've spoken with several experienced homeschoolers and the absolute best thing about it (and was key in my decision) is the flexibility. You know your child better than anyone, so you have the freedom to choose the curriculum that you feel will work for your child and if it doesn't, you can try something else. You can also take full advantage of creative teaching. I used skittles and m&ms to teach colors, amounts and will probably continue to use those props with math skills. Additionally, you can homeschool anytime anywhere! You're not limited to any time frame or location.
    Sorry we don't live closer to Dayton but we could still correspond online. Good Luck