Ohio homeschooling resources
    mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Default Ohio homeschooling resources

Here's a list of some great resources for homeschoolers in Ohio! I'll keep updating this as I find more, and please feel free to add your suggestions too!

HSLDA (Homeschool Legal Defense Association)
    This is the BEST place to find out how to homeschool your child according to Ohio law.

Ohio Dept. of Education Homeschool Requirements & Forms
    Good reading, but definitely visit HSLDA first!

Cincinnati Homeschool Convention
    Huge homeschool convention held each spring with lots of guest speakers as well as vendors of homeschool curricula & supplies. Worth the drive if you aren't near Cincy!

Christian Home Educators of Ohio
    This group sponsors the Columbus Homeschool Convention, among other things.

National Museum of the United States Air Force
    Located in Dayton, at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, this is a really incredible museum. It's absolutely huge and has plenty of learning opportunities for kids. It will take you all day to see it all! Each spring and fall they have "Homeschool Day" with classes and activites for homeschoolers of all ages. This link will take you directly to their homeschool page.

Victoria Theater
    If you're near Dayton, you can take your homeschooled kids to educational performances at the Victoria Theater and pay the same low prices that public schools pay for their fieldtrips.

Boonshoft Museum of Discovery in Dayton
    Offers hands-on science classes & labs for homeschoolers.

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base homeschoolers
    For military families, this is a Yahoo group offering support, co-op classes, park days, and field trips to homeschoolers in the Dayton area.
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

Rickie is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: Ohio homeschooling resources

Jennifer, thanks for all these tremendous links! I'm particularly interested in checking out the Victoria Theater link as I'm trying to awaken a passion for the theater in my younger students

We saw several plays at the Victoria Theater last year that were really wonderful, and a great first-time-at-a-theater experience for the young ones. This December we have tickets to see "A Christmas Carol" there, and we're really looking forward to it!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

rosebud56 is offline Junior Member

hi to all of you buckeyes. i just started using T4L for my 11 years old daughter and we both just love it. Last year our Christian School closed for lack of money. So we tried public school, my daughter was there for 2 months and it was just a terrible. she never had homework and they were not allowed to bring home any school books, fear that the students would lose them. I had no idea what she was being taught. She would come home asking me what certain words meant, words i cannot repeat if you know what i mean. so i pull her out and started homeschooling her. i was scared to death. Finally, i found T4L and feel that she is getting what she needs. i love this program. i was wondering if there was a way i could print the completed quizzes and tests for my records?

Thanks in advance
    Rose

Hello Rose -
    We're glad to have you aboard! There's so much flexibility with T4L that you can tailor your daughter's studies to exactly what she needs, and that can be difficult in a traditional school setting. But it sounds like you've already discovered that!

To answer your question, you can't print the lessons or quizzes & tests, but if you'd like a hard copy of your daughter's progress to keep for your own records, you can do that easily. When your daughter logs in, a page opens up called "Student Launch Pad". Click on the picture of a backpack that says "My Portfolio" and it will give you lots of options for what records to print.

If you need more help, just give me a holler. Welcome!

rosebud56 is offline Junior Member

Thanks Jennifer I will check that out.

Rose