Online schools

Thread: Online schools

rosebud56 is offline Junior Member

Default Online schools

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone heard of Zion Academy of America for homeschoolers? It is a online private christian school.

Thanks

Rose

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Hi Rose -
    Nope, I've never heard of this one. Could you post some more info about it?

If it is a private school (accredited and all of that) then it seems to me like you wouldn't have to mess with the usual notification procedures through the local superintendent. That would sure be nice!

Please tell us more!

rosebud56 is offline Junior Member

Hi, this is Rose again. About the private school for homeschoolers is Zion Academy of America. Check out their web site. www.zionacademy.com

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Ok, I checked out the website. Looks kinda neat, especially because using their program takes the stress out of planning/choosing a curriculum for your child and following through. And I love that you don't have to notify because you're technically not homeschooling! Yea! Their tuition is one thing on the downside though...I think homeschooling is cheaper, if that matters. I guess in the end maybe it depends on your reasons for homeschooling and whether or not you'd be sacrificing on any of those points by enrolling in an online private school. This could be really useful for some people with older kids, in high school, which is so much more challenging to teach at home.

So Rose, tell us what YOU think about their program! Are you seriously considering it? Are there any other private schools (online?) that have made your short list? What do you think the differences are between this kind of program and some of the online public schools...like K12 or Connections Academy, etc? You've got me curious now....