question

Thread: question

Unregistered Guest

Default question

I recently filled out an home education form and I am going to use the time 4 learning curriculum for both of my boys who are in 1st grade. They told me that they have 14 days to respond. My question is: Can they refuse me to home school? and do I need to unroll them out of their present school? I really don't like them in the school district that they are in and I was wanting to know my rights. Thank you in advance!!!

prazgrl is offline Junior Member Newbie

it seems that most districts accept your info if you filled out the correct forms - sometimes they do request more info/details. in ohio i think you fill out: a) an "intent to homeschool" form* - which outlines your intended curriculum & goes to the district office. and b) an "intent to withdraw" form* which is used if your student is already enrolled in the district. (i don't know what you do if you aren't already enrolled.) .... in addition, we also have a homeschool legal organization membership, should a legal issue arise as it relates to our homeschooling. I believe that several of these organizations exist nowadays. ................. *may not be the name of the form in your district. happy homeschooling! have a great year. prazgrl