Welcome to the Ohio State Forum!
    jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Welcome to the Ohio State Forum!

Welcome to the Ohio State Forum!

Time4Learning is happy to provide a forum for homeschoolers in individual states to connect with one another. Please use this forum to find members near you, ask each other state-related questions, and post information about local homeschool events.

If you are new to homeschooling in Ohio, you might want to check out our Ohio Homeschooling Information page where you will meet Jennifer who is a mom of 6 kiddos. Jennifer briefly discusses state laws, her approach to homeschooling (eclectic), and using Time4Learning. You might also want to download our free "Welcome to Homeschooling" guide. It is comprehensive without being overwhelming. If you are new to Time4Learning, here is a resources that will help you navigate our system and answer questions you might have.
    Getting Started Guide

If you'd like to keep up with everything going on in this forum, you can easily subscribe by clicking on the "Forum Tools" button in the upper right of the group main page, then clicking on "subscribe to this forum" in the dropdown box. That way you won't miss any of the great info or discussions.

I hope you will feel free to ask questions, post comments and share information (you could even vent if you need to! ) about anything related to Ohio homeschooling.

Thanks for stopping by...why not take a minute and introduce yourself below? I know everyone, would LOVE to meet you or reconnect!

Happy Homeschooling!
    Last edited by jpenn; 09-20-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Andrea K is offline Junior Member Newbie

Hi,

I'm going to begin homeschooling my 10 year old daughter in the Ohio area this coming school year, 2012-2013. She is completing her fourth grade year at a private, school currently where we live now, in Georgia. I would love to find out about support groups and homeschool co-ops in the areas we are looking to buy a home. Currently, we have been looking from the Dayton, Ohio area up to the Sidney, Ohio area and everything in between.

Also, are there any online placement tests for children? I am taking my daughter out of a private school and I've been noticing that she has already completed much of the 5th grade curriculum requirements on T4L. I'm not sure if I should just continue with the fifth grade curriculum and be grateful for the the review or if I should skip to the 6th grade.

Thanks so much for the help.
    Andrea

Unregistered Guest

Default sports for online students

Are their any highschool girls tennis teams for online schools or homeschooled kids? My daughter is starting K-12 and would really like to play tennis on a team.
    Let me know if you can help.

Thanks,
    Lisa