West Carrollton Parent Looking for Family (11yr old son)
    eolith is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default West Carrollton Parent Looking for Family (11yr old son)

Hello all,

I'm hoping there is someone out there who can help me out. I'm trying to find a family to homeschool my 11 yr old son who has been homeschooled his entire life here in the Dayton/West Carrollton/Miamisburg area: specifically, a family with children his age. He is in need of kids his age, and his mother (my ex) had him in a family that was essentially a day care for younger kids with no true teaching support. I did most of his homeschooling myself until I went back to work (prior to the divorce) and now that we are both working parents he needs a better environment.

My son really needs an environment with an adult who can help teach him (he's entering 7th grade level curriculum), and kids nearer his age to interact with.
    I'm willing to pay for the service the family would provide. We are a Christian family and he is well-behaved, intelligent (tests in the 80-95th percentiles on his 6th grade standardized testing), and kind. But he's a boy, and needs boys his age.
    Please message me here if you know anyone willing to take an additional child, be paid for it, that meets the needs above.

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: West Carrollton Parent Looking for Family (11yr old son)

I'm in Ohio and have homeschooled other children. The parent will file the paperwork, which asks who will be teaching your child. You would then list the information of that person on the notification form. You might try joining an Ohio homeschooling support group. There are many on Facebook. Might find what you're looking for there.

This group has an amazing primer file that has everything you need to fill out for homeschooling.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ohio...oolingParents/

I would ignore the Dept of Education's site because most of the info is outdated and incorrect. I've talked to them many times about changing it and although they say they will, hasn't happened yet.

thirtydash77 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: West Carrollton Parent Looking for Family (11yr old son)

Hello there,

I will be homeschooling my son (9, but very mature and typically hangs out with older boys) beginning in February 2019. I have homeschooled before and would be capable of managing your son's homeschool work. I live in Brookville, but we will be moving to Miamisburg in the fall. Let me know if you are still searching for someone to teach, or keep me in mind for the future. I would be happy to meet up and discuss more.

Additionally, I incorporate physical activity (YMCA) and do many excursions/field trips, and belong to a co-op for socialization. It meets at a church in Brookville, and is moderately Christian.

Let me know, I am looking for another child to teach and earn some income!

Stephanie Irwin

Quote Originally Posted by eolith View Post
    Hello all,

I'm hoping there is someone out there who can help me out. I'm trying to find a family to homeschool my 11 yr old son who has been homeschooled his entire life here in the Dayton/West Carrollton/Miamisburg area: specifically, a family with children his age. He is in need of kids his age, and his mother (my ex) had him in a family that was essentially a day care for younger kids with no true teaching support. I did most of his homeschooling myself until I went back to work (prior to the divorce) and now that we are both working parents he needs a better environment.

My son really needs an environment with an adult who can help teach him (he's entering 7th grade level curriculum), and kids nearer his age to interact with.
    I'm willing to pay for the service the family would provide. We are a Christian family and he is well-behaved, intelligent (tests in the 80-95th percentiles on his 6th grade standardized testing), and kind. But he's a boy, and needs boys his age.
    Please message me here if you know anyone willing to take an additional child, be paid for it, that meets the needs above.