I came across a humorous blog post giving advice to new homeschooling moms about choosing their curriculum, and I thought it might be neat to keep a running list of tips for new homeschoolers. Click on the link to read the whole blog post, or reply to this post and add your own suggestions!

http://marmeespantry.blogspot.com/20...inded-mom.html

Here's an excerpt:
"We are so blessed and there is so much to choose from…almost too much…I also advise those going to any homeschool convention or book sale, to go with a shopping list! You can really break the bank at one of those, or even shopping on-line.

A few years ago, I got a call from a new homeschool mom who was freaking out. She called me and told me that she had just spent about $350 on e-bay buying school books for her daughter who was going into 4th grade and didn’t know WHY she had gotten any of it. “My goodness! What did you get?!” She said she had 3 Rubbermaid tubs full of all kinds of things and could I come over and help her sort it out.

When I got to her house, I told her she needed to “calm down and take a deep breath because, at this point, I’m more worried about you than I am about your daughter. You are too tense and anxious and you’re going to make your daughter tense and anxious and you’re going to ruin the experience for the both of you!”

After we sorted through her tubs of books and learning aids, I handed her a neat little pile of 5 books and said, “here’s next year’s curriculum, the rest are for reference.” She nearly fainted!"