I would like to offer my services to assist home school families to fulfill the law that requires families to have their children tested by a licensed teacher.

My qualifications:
I graduated from Cedarville University with a degree in Childhood Education (preK-3rd grade) and special education. I received my teacherís license in 2007. I am currently in my fourth year of employment at Springfield City School District. Specifically, I teach youth with emotional disorders at Oesterlen Services for Youth. In August 2010, I received my masterís degree in Literacy and Learning in the Content Areas (grades 6th through 12th).

My Background:
My hometown is Circleville, Ohio; where my parents, Bill and Brenda Gibson, own Gibsonís Cafť. My family began homeschooling when I was in 4th grade. I graduated from CHEO and H.I.S. Academy in 2000.

My Services:

I would like to serve the homeschool community by providing the assessments as required by law. I am currently living in Springfield, Ohio. However, I am willing to meet in either Springfield or Circleville. I will ask that each family bring samples of the work your children have completed in all subject areas, as well as a list of community and church involvement. Each family will receive a chart that contains a summary of what the child has completed in each subject. I will also provide feedback and assistance and choosing the curriculum that suits your family and your child. I am requesting a fee of $40 per child, or $100 per family.
My area of expertise includes special education. Therefore, I will gladly help families who have children with special needs find successful curriculum and strategies that will assist their child in reaching their full potential.

Scheduling:

You may e-mail me at [email protected] to schedule an appointment. Until the second week of June, I am only available on Saturdays; after June 10, I am flexible.

Note:
At this time, I am unable to assess families who live in the Springfield City School District, due to the appearance of a conflict of interest. Thank you for your understanding!

Thank You,
Rebekah Richey
[email protected]