looking for meetup group in Moore/SW OKC area
    Mom2Ian is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default looking for meetup group in Moore/SW OKC area

We are new to homeschooling and looking to make new friends in the process. Just moved to SW OKC from Yukon. Our son is starting 6th grade and is in Boy Scouts and plays basketball but those are in Yukon so it would be great to find some kids his age to meetup with for "field trips", start a book club or just hang out. He would absolutely love to start a lego club so if anyone out there has kids interested let me know

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome! I'm not in that area, but here are some links to some homeschool group lists...you may find one that works:

from Oklahoma Homeschool

from Homeschool World

Hopefully some of our other members can chime in and tell us if they have a local group they belong to!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Mom2Ian is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you so much! I just don't know what I'm doing yet . I've looked at several sites trying to find groups that actually meet and it's harder than I thought it would be. Ian needs social interaction besides me and his sister!

Blog Entries

You are welcome! Yes, it can be difficult to search through local groups and see which ones fit your family. I'm sure you will find something though, it took me a little while...and changing groups once...but we found one, lol. Good luck and keep us posted on how it's going!!
    Katie

Unregistered Guest

Default Hi

Hi, I have a 9th grader that loves legos, he plays with them all the time with his 10 year old sister. it would be nice to find other kids that like building with legos, we have several tubs full of them. we are in Del City, but could meet in OKC or Moore. I am previewing time4learning this week with my daughter before we buy, but I sure hope she loves it. wish they had it for 9th graders, my son would love this program.

Unregistered Guest

Default Located in Moore

We are located in Moore. I have boys. Alex is 12, Dave is 6, Brennan is 4 and Spencer is 1. New to homeschooling.

Blog Entries

Welcome to those of you who are new to us!

Please remember to register for our forums to make easier for you guys to connect with one another.
    Katie