New to ALL of this!
    erindrogers Guest

Default New to ALL of this!

We are homeschooling for the first time this year. We are excited and nervous at the same time. We have a 4th grader and 7th grader. Just wondering what to do for my 7th grader for science?

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi there, and welcome! First, let me recommend this Welcome to Homeschooling guide. It's got a lot of great info for new homeschoolers, but it's not huge or overwhelming to get through. Then, let me share this Hints and Help page, which is great for learning more about the T4L site/program.

As far as science goes, we supplemented with a lot of experiments and projects and research. My son loves science, so he really took off on his own with finding more science stuff to work on, lol. Many families supplement the T4L science with another science program. Apologia is very popular, from a Christian perspective. I think there is also one called REAL science, which is more secular.

You could also contact T4L...they have just announced that they will have high school courses. You may be able to start your middle schooler in some of the lower level high school science courses.

Good luck. Please keep us posted as to how things are going for you, and always feel free to ask any questions you have!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!