new to homeschool in oklahoma
    msmommyx3 Guest

Default new to homeschool in oklahoma

Hi I am wanting to homeschool my kids and they want to as well. But I really dont know were to start. I am really looking forward to working with T4L. But my concern is when to start. Can I take my kids out of public school now or do they have to finish this school year.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome! Oklahoma is actually the easiest state in the country to homeschool in! According to OK homeschool laws, there are NO statutes for homeschooling. There are suggestions, but no requirements of reporting, testing, etc. If you are sure it's something you want to try, I say go ahead and let them start after their holiday break (statistically, MANY families begin homeschooling after the holidays, so you aren't alone, lol).

Here is a Welcome to Homeschooling guide you may find useful, as well as a Hints and Help page that can assist you in using the Time4Learning site.

Good luck and keep us posted as to how things are going for you guys! Oh...also want to remind you to actually register for the forums here (instead of posting as a guest) so other members can connect with you.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!