1. bailbrae - 08-23-2010, 10:30 AM - permalink
    Do we have anyone who is starting out their very first year of homeschooling? If so, how did homeschooling come to be in your family and what are your plans for this upcoming year?

Please share with us!
  2. hannah03 - 09-01-2010, 12:19 PM - permalink
    This is my 1st time homeschooling, very nervous. My husband homeschooled one of his older children who is now an adult. We chose to homeschool because our daughter needed to repeat the 1st grade. She needs more one on one and I can give her that. Hope being in contact with others will help. Any advice? Thank you. Wendy
  3. bailbrae - 09-07-2010, 11:19 AM - permalink
    Hi Wendy! I'm sorry it took a little while for me to respond, I was out of town for the long Labor Day weekend.

Welcome to homeschooling and Time4Learning! My first bit of advice would be to enjoy the extra time with your daughter. I was such a nervous wreck when I first started 5 years ago, that I don't remember taking any time to simply enjoy being at home with my kids.

I would also suggest checking out Time4Learning's Homeschooling in Oklahoma page. There is information about homeschooling laws (of which there are next to none in OK), as well as starting points to find support groups online and in your local area.

I know you joined the OK group, but you may find a lot of help in the general forums here too.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, or ANSWER any questions you can help with! Keep us posted!!
  4. TulsaMom - 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM - permalink
    This is my first year or even day of homeschooling. My son was having problems at school and seeing as he was a transfer, they revoked his transfer. He is in 6th grade. I have two other kids who are still in public school and excelling fine. I am also a full time college student. I am glad this support is here, because I will need all the help I can get!
  5. bailbrae - 11-16-2010, 08:36 AM - permalink
    Hi TulsaMom and welcome!! There is a lot of wonderful support to be found in the Time4Learning forums and groups!! Good luck with everything...I'm sure you will do fine. Please keep us posted how things are going with you and feel free to ask any questions you may have.