new to Ok need homeschool- not online
    Unregistered Guest

Default new to Ok need homeschool- not online

I homeschooled my daughter last year for Kinder with Gorman Learning Center here in Cali. We are moving to Broken Arrow, Tusla area next month and I need to find out how to homeschool in Ok. The only thing I've found is an online program, and I will not do that. What we did last year was the charter gave us all the supplies and books, I taught her, and we went in once a month to turn in what we had done. Is there anything like that in the Tulsa, Broken Arrow area? Thanks for any help!
    -Tammy

mamaneedham is offline Senior Member

Hello Tammy,

Welcome to Time4Learning! I'll be very honest with you that I was confused by your post. You may not even realize it, but you've posted about not wanting to homeschool online on a website offering a service for homeschooling online! So I'm confused!

I'm not sure what left such a bad taste in your mouth about homeschooling online, but I hope you find what you're looking for with the homeschooling options available after your move. You can check out this page for lots of awesome links about how to homeschool in Oklahoma. I think you'll probably find it very useful.

Time4Learning is offering a 75% savings if you sign up for a trial of our service by the end of July. You can try what we offer for $4.99. Some parents like to use T4L as an afterschool enrichment program as well, so you may wish to consider that option. You can read more about it here.

I wish you well in your homeschooling endeavors, whether online or not. Please let us know if we can help further.
    Mom to five of the world's most incredible kids, and homeschooling all the way!

"If the schools were perfect, I would still homeschool my children - because it isn't about school. It's about families taking back their children and educating them as they see best. School is only a substitute for the real thing."

Nutrition Curriculum For Homeschoolers at NutritionForHealthyKids.com

Unregistered Guest

Thanks for the info, I guess I should clarify what I ment by online school. Here in california, I don't know if Ok may be different, we have an online school where kids have an online teacher, the parent has little to no involvement in what the child is learning. The parent is not the teacher. The child sits at a computer screen all day. Does their assignments online. That is what I have a problem with. I have no problem with online learning games, or using online aids to teach kids. I have a problem with all of the teaching being online, no writing, no books, no paper crafts. I don't think a 6 year old is ready for that type of learing.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I did not mean to. I just prefer books and one on one teaching. Thanks again for the link, I found out what I needed to know