Roll Call (post from older state group)
    katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Roll Call (post from older state group)

1. bailbrae - 09-07-2010, 08:01 PM - permalink
      Hi everyone! It's been a while since we last had a roll call for our Oklahoma group and there are several more members now. Let's all chime in and introduce ourselves so we can all become more familiar with one another.

It would be great to find out how many children you have and homeschool, as well as how long everyone has been homeschooling, when you started using T4L and how it works with your schedule, etc. Of course, you aren't limited...so feel free to share whatever you like about yourself!
    2. bailbrae - 09-07-2010, 08:01 PM - permalink
      I'll get us started. My name is Katie and I homeschool my two boys, ages 11 and 6. We have been homeschooling for 5 years now and this is our 4th year with T4L! We do use the Time4Learning program as our core curriculum, supplementing when and where we need to. We are relaxed homeschoolers, and for us that means we don't follow a super strict schedule for our school day. While I do have objectives I would like to meet, I don't put a lot of stress on the boys (or myself!) to get them done at any particular part of the day/week...as long as they do get done, I'm good. For now, this works for us. If the time comes to reevaluate, then we will do so.

Looking forward to "meeting" everyone!
    3. MultipleChances - 09-16-2010, 04:02 PM - permalink
      Hi I'm Lia. I'm a SAHM and wife to a plumber in Mayes county. I have 3 kiddos and one in the works. My kids are 8, 6 and 3, with #4 due in April '11. We have been homeschooling since late '07. I used T4L with 2 kids for quite awhile, but they lost intrest and we switched things up. We are back now with my 1st grader to have some quality computer time that I can count on to keep up with her. We are very laid back in our schooling, but school year round. I like to challenge my kids and watch them figure things out. Often that leads to our best lessons, when we can follow the natural flow of ideas. I'm happy to see the improvements that T4L has made.
    4. bailbrae - 09-17-2010, 09:02 AM - permalink
      Hi Lia. Congrats on your pending arrival!

Glad to hear that you like any changes T4L made since you were last here. Looking forward to interacting and chatting more with you here.
    5. KariMomof3 - 10-11-2010, 10:27 PM - permalink
      Hi I'm Kari. I have a daughter age 6, a son age 4, and another baby due in December of this year. This is our first year of homeschooling and we just joined up to Time 4 Learning tonight! We are enjoying our opportunity to homeschool and thankful our great state of OK is so lenient with families. We too are relaxed homeschoolers, no specific curriculum as we use what works best at the time for each child. I download a lot of learning material from online, buy workbooks here and there and we find a way of making it all work for us! We are in northern OK, Kay County, and have yet to join any other families in homeschool activities as I have not met anyone else, but know they are out there. We are excited to start using this computer program to enhance our learning system!
    6. bailbrae - 10-12-2010, 08:56 AM - permalink
      Hi Kari! Welcome to homeschooling and Time4Learning!

OK really is so lenient with homeschooling families. It's wonderful! Hopefully your little ones will enjoy Time4Learning. My oldest is in the 6th grade this year and he has been using it since 2nd grade. My youngest is 1st grade and has been using since Pre-K. They both love the program. I love it for them because it gives each of them a chance to work independently. I love it for me because the record keeping is so easy and makes me feel like I'm organized and on top of things.

Looking forward to chatting with you more about your homeschooling journey and using Time4Learning!

Oh, and congrats on the pending wee one.

Katie
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

Unregistered Guest

Default New to T4L

Hi,
    I am new to T4L, I have two boys ages 9 and 10 who are going through the program. I appreciate that Oklahoma is more laid back on the homeschooling. We are using Time for Learning as our core curriculum and Scholastic Success five subject workbook. We also do reading from books from the library each week. We work six days a week, and will probably work through the summer as well. My boys love it. I will stick with it. This was probably the best decision Ive made, was to homeschool them. There is so much going on now, and I don't have to worry about their safety in the schools. We live in eastern oklahoma. I don't really no of others here that homeschool, though I am sure there are some that do.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi,
    I am new to T4L, I have two boys ages 9 and 10 who are going through the program. I appreciate that Oklahoma is more laid back on the homeschooling. We are using Time for Learning as our core curriculum and Scholastic Success five subject workbook. We also do reading from books from the library each week. We work six days a week, and will probably work through the summer as well. My boys love it. I will stick with it. This was probably the best decision Ive made, was to homeschool them. There is so much going on now, and I don't have to worry about their safety in the schools. We live in eastern oklahoma. I don't really no of others here that homeschool, though I am sure there are some that do.
    Hello and welcome! Yes, OK is a great state to homeschool in. It sounds like you have things under control and are off to a good start. Always feel free to ask any questions you have, and share your experiences.

Here are a few links where you can try to find local homeschool groups, if you wanted to find some other folks to meet up with:

HERO of Oklahoma - Oklahoma Homeschooling - Home Educators' Resource Organization of Oklahoma Home Page
    Oklahoma Homeschool Support Groups
    Homeschool World: Oklahoma Homeschool Organizations and Support Groups

Good luck, and keep us posted as to how things are going with you guys!
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!