Fun with the son at Paint the Town
    ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

Default Fun with the son at Paint the Town

My mom had to go up north on Tuesday so she dropped my son off at my work on her way. She watches him monday nights/tuesday mornings. Well since she was dropping him off I figured I would plan something fun for us to do. I work at a grocery store that is by shopping center. A pricey fancy one where I can't really afford to buy anything from most of the stores unless you count the bookstore. Anyway they have a pottery place there where you can paint your own stuff so I took my son there. It was a surprise. First we went to lunch then we walked over the Paint the town. We walked in and my son was like um what is this. I explained and he was like oh. He loved it. It was both of our first times and was loads of fun. I let him pick two things ( a little hippo and a dragon)and i picked two( baby turtle and a penguin). He didn't really understand the concept of painting the whole thing and was done well before I was with my first cause he more scribbled then painted, so I let him paint a tile for his aunts birthday. He had fun though and so did I. Have to wait until next Tuesday to pick our items up. I had always wanted to do something like it and am glad we got to. Next time though I will plan better( money wise) cause boy was it pricey.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Fun with the son at Paint the Town

We have a couple of places over here that do that as well. I haven't taken the kids yet. The closer shop is actually within walking distance for us. I'm just afraid of my two-year-old not wanting to sit still while perfectionistic big sisters take their time doing their work. I'm glad your son had such a good time though! My plan was for each of us to do a dessert plate so that we could send grandma a set.
    Melissa.

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

That sounds like a great idea that gma would love. Ya my son got really bored since I took twice as long as he did. I know for next time to take his DS with us so he can play while I finish up
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

The last time I went to one of those places, I took my middle daughter. She was so little she fit in one of those baby carriers. That was an easy way to keep her contained. I gave her a toy and she was entertained too.
    That trick doesn't work so well nowadays. . . .
    Melissa.