Got my sons end of year standardized test results!!!!!!!!!!!
    ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

Default Got my sons end of year standardized test results!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I had to delete my first post about this cause I messed up on some of the subject scores. I guess it would help to have the results sitting in front of me instead of going from memory.

So my son has to take a standardized test at the end of each year( or be evaluated by a teacher). Last year his total battery or overall score was 75%. This year he raised it to 85%. He raised his lowest score which was language mechanics(gets that from me punctuation is not my friend) from 17% last year to 55% this year. We still have some work to do but WOW what an improvement. His other subjects varied. Some he raised by a few percent others lowered by a few percent. Since we focused mostly on Language arts this past year we weren't that surprised. He got a stanine score of 6 last year which is average and raised it to a 7 this year which is above average. ( still don't quiet understand what a stanine score is but heck above average is always good ) He was so proud as are his beaming parents.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Got my sons end of year standardized test results!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ambertopaz75
    Ok I had to delete my first post about this cause I messed up on some of the subject scores. I guess it would help to have the results sitting in front of me instead of going from memory.

So my son has to take a standardized test at the end of each year( or be evaluated by a teacher). Last year his total battery or overall score was 75%. This year he raised it to 85%. He raised his lowest score which was language mechanics(gets that from me punctuation is not my friend) from 17% last year to 55% this year. We still have some work to do but WOW what an improvement. His other subjects varied. Some he raised by a few percent others lowered by a few percent. Since we focused mostly on Language arts this past year we weren't that surprised. He got a stanine score of 6 last year which is average and raised it to a 7 this year which is above average. ( still don't quiet understand what a stanine score is but heck above average is always good ) He was so proud as are his beaming parents.

\/ \/ \/ \/

I am SOOOOOO happy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE these kinds of posts! You filled my cup and I'm so happy for you! GREAT job
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

happy dance!!! \m/
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

cindy4hope is offline Senior Member

Congrats Amber to you and your son! I know you both put alot of long hours and hard work into it.

Cindy

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Wow, that is awesome! \/ I am so proud of his improvement. That must feel wonderful knowing all both of your hard work has paid off! Which test did he take?
    Melissa.

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone!!!! Homeschooling wasn't something I ever thought of until it was a necessary but I love it and over the summer we finally (after almost two years) got into a grove and I found a system that is working for all of us. Such a great feeling knowing that we made the right decision to pull Bren from ps.

Melissa, He took the CAT/5 grade 5 (California achievement test)
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

Amaradevinmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

That is great.