Just joined the Y!
    ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

Default Just joined the Y!

Bren is really excited. We just got back from taking the tour and signing up. Should of brought our swim suits but we forgot. I am pretty excited. Living in the great Northwest is wonderful but it makes for cold wet fall/winters where playing outside is just not feasible most of the time. My son is really excited that all he has to do is take an orientation class on how to use the exercise equipment and he can workout with me. That excites me too. Also they have bike machines there that have tvs attached to each individual machine. Its a brand new Y the grand opening is actually today. They also have family cooking classes and nutritional classes and soon should have Spanish classes too which Bren is thrilled about. What I am not thrilled about is the cost. Even though my husband has no desire to ever go we had to get the family membership which is like 94 bucks a month. I actually upgraded to 97 a month so we can go to all the Y's in our area not just the ones in Seattle area. Told my hubby since we have to pay he has to play. We can get fit and healthy together, we all could use it. Plus swimming and pilates yoga and all that stuff. They also have a rock wall which Bren is thrilled about.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just joined the Y!

Congratulations Amber! I love that you can take nutrition and cooking classes in addition to swimming and exercise;-) I hope you guys have a GREAT first time experience
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Happy Farmer is offline Junior Member

Dear Amber,

Our Ymca has a gym & swim program for HS. 1 3/4 hours once a week. You might want to put this in the suggestion box. It's great! The class had so much response, that next session they are adding another day. Our Y also offers scholarships based on need. Generally, they try to get you to pay 1/2 price. Check it out.

Karen

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

That sounds great! \/ We are members of our local Y too. We joined with hopes that we'd be able to go during the day, only to find that the girls can't go until public school gets out (they are too old for babysitting and too young to work out alone :-\ ). Still, when they are able to go, they have a good time. I'm sure Bren will have a great time working out with you and it'll give you a chance to hang out together.
    Melissa.

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

So how's it going Amber? Did you guys go get your first workout in?
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

Hey everyone thanks for the responses. Sorry I haven't been on for awhile. Bren started swim lessons at the Y but I haven't been to workout yet. Been really busy lately. I finally got to the breaking point this past weekend and said I need MEEEEEEEEE time. So after work on Saturday I went out shopping and took myself to lunch. It was great. I bought myself stuff to workout in so I am all ready to go. Bren gets to take his orientation class next Monday so after that we can workout together which should be great. Though I am trying to get in a workout on my own first to try everything out. They open at 5am so I think one of my days off this week I am going to go when they open. I will get home before Chris(hubby) has to go to work and hopefully it won't be too crowded there at the time. We shall see. I also want to try out Saturday after work or Sundays after work. Hubby got me headphones for my cell phone and is going to download some music on it so I have something to listen too when I workout alone. The cool thing is they have TVs attached to some of the workout equipment already so that should be cool.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS