slow going

Thread: slow going

ambertopaz75 is offline Senior Member

Default slow going

Well the first week or two of the new school year was going great then Brennan got sick for a week( he is all better now he just had a intestinal bug). Then his computer broke for a week and he was trying to use my laptop which wasn't working well for him. Hubby got sons computer working . Fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong to deter us from getting back into the swing of things with school. Brennan was doing so good and is excited about the new sticker/lesson system I set up . It is so hard to get him going on things to begin with, trying to get him restarted on something is never fun

On top of all this dealing with my parents divorce is driving me crazy. Hubby and I have not been doing so well either. One plus is I have gotten more hours at work this month. I got a day taken away plus a couple hours at the beginning of the summer(totaling 10 hrs a week). It was a little ruff paying bills over the summer plus trying to do fun stuff with my son and niece. Luckily parks and libraries are free.

Thanks for letting me vent. I am truly thankful that I found T4L not just for my son but for me too. Having others out there that understand and listen is a blessing.
    Amber
    13y/o son with PDD-NOS

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: slow going

Oh Amber,

I am so sorry that you've had a rough time. The computer needing to be repaired is always such a frustrating thing. (sigh) I'm so sorry you are having to walk through your parents divorce right now. My husbands parents went through this when we were getting married and it was quite stressful. (((Big Hugs))) I'm also sorry that you and your dh are having a rough period. I stopped and prayed for you. I love reading your posts and appreciate your transparency. You do such a good job managing your home, your children and your school.
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

amber i'm so sorry sweetie

we'll be praying for you. let us know if we can help with anything or youjust wanna gripe. you know you can msg me anytime!!

mary ... his parents were divorcing as you were marrying?? that must have been awkward.
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yca

mary ... his parents were divorcing as you were marrying?? that must have been awkward.
    It was very awkward. His mom who I still love deeply, but was very shocked with at the time, would only attend our wedding ceremony and would not come to our reception because her new boyfriend was not invited. It's been almost 22 years and I know she deeply regrets the decisions she made. She did end up marrying the man she left his dad for, but is very unhappy.

Continuing to pray for you this morning sweet Amber. (((Big Hugs)))
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

Yca
    Yca is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

*sigh* parents .... when do we ever get to stop raising them!?!?
    ~ Yca ~
    (otherwise known as Jess )

Wife to Dave and Mom to Red - 13, The Princess - 11, Fluffyheaded Diva - 6, and Sir Smiley - 3
    Read about our adventures HERE!