Hello, we are new and I just figured out how to post a thread!
    Susan Steiner is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Hello, we are new and I just figured out how to post a thread!

My daughter has APD so we are trying out this program. I took her out of public school in February and so far we are doing ok adjusting. I started out with my own curriculum, borrowing books from the library and using the workbooks that the public school gave me. I started to feel pretty lost so I figured a program like this would be better. So now I am trying to learn all of this! It is a tad overwhelming!!!

I am wondering what everyone does for health, PE Music and art? Right now we exercise 3 times a week, we have piano lessons once a week and for art, we simply draw, paint or do a craft of some sort. I feel like I need more structure with these things. Any suggestions?

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Susan, Welcome to Time4Learning and to Homeschooling. It sounds like you are off to a great start. My son plays soccer several times a week so we count that as PE. He also rides his bike whenever the weather is nice enough. For art we are fortunate that our local art museum offers a monthly homeschool class. You don't say how old your daughter is but there is Time4Art which is free with the program. You just have to wait until she has been enrolled for two months and then you can sign her up if she is beyond third grade. I'm sure your monthly piano lesson will count for music. I'm sure she also practices every day. I'm afraid I haven't done much with health. You could throw in some discussion of health issues when you talk about exercising or when preparing meals or food shopping.

Please let us know how we can help you and your daughter.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Susan. I'm just checking back with you to see how things are going. Have you come across any questions yet or anything you need help with?
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota