Homeschooling in PA
    Unregistered Guest

Question Homeschooling in PA

Hello! I am considering using T4L to homeschool my 10 year old son. Does T4L meet the core requirements for the portfolio? I don't mind supplementing some things, like the state history and safety, but I want to make sure that all the core requirements will be met with the program I choose. I would appreciate any advice, experience, etc. that you can give to me. Thanks!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning meets the basic core requirements of most states. An elementary student is required to learn "English, including spelling, reading and writing; arithmetic; geography; the history of the United States and Pennsylvania; science; civics, including loyalty to the State and National government; safety education, including regular and continuous instruction in the dangers and prevention of fires; health, including physical education and physiology; music; and art." Some things such as civics and safety education are a part of normal every day life. We us piano for music. Our local art museum has a monthly homeschoolo class that we use for art. And my son is involved in soccer and other sports for physical education. We have used Time4Learning since preK. I find that it meets our needs quite well.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota