Pennsylvania Homeschoolers Welcome
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Pennsylvania Homeschoolers Welcome

Hi! And welcome to the Pennsylvania homeschooling forum. This forum is designed to be a source of information, resources, support, and encouragement to those of you homeschooling in "the Keystone state". I'm your moderator, and I hope you will free to ask questions, post comments, and share information about anything related to homeschooling in PA in this forum.

If you are new to homeschooling in New Jersey , you might want to check out our Pennsylvania homeschool information page where we cover state-related laws, resources, and curriculum information. You also might want to download our free "Welcome to Homeschooling" guide, which includes comprehensive information about homeschooling in any state.

If you'd like to keep up with everything going on in this forum, you can easily subscribe by clicking on the "Subscribe Forum" link directly below the "New Topic" button at the top of this page. That way you won't miss any of the great info or discussions.
    Thanks for stopping by...why not take a minute and introduce yourself below?

Happy Homeschooling

Kathi Mama to 8 year old Dakota Gramma to Damien, Kennedy, and Ciencia All using Time4Learning.com for Homeschool Curriculum
    Last edited by fairylover; 03-17-2011 at 07:15 PM.

103fam Guest

Default Help with Time4Learning curriculum--

Good morning All, Not so new to Time4Learning, but needed the extra input on how to get the most out of the lessons this year than I did last year. Homeschooling two children. Just wanted to reach out and touch someone.

Blog Entries

I'm not really sure how to answer your question. If my son seems to be struggling with a concept I have him do the worksheets for that lesson. If there isn't a worksheet or he did the worksheet and still doesn't understand I will sit down with him and slowly go over the lesson again talking about each step as we go along. That usually is enough for him. But there have been times when I have brought in extra books and resources. Multiplication is one of those areas. He just is not interested in it so I have brought in lots of extra material.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

kelle Guest

Default I considering Home Schooling

I am just curious how do I get the ball rolling my 5th grade daughter has immunazations up to date hearing and eye site were done at school, what is the process to taking her out of public school and beginning Home School? Help this newbie please.
    Thank you,
    Kelle

Blog Entries

Pennsylvania law is a bit complicated in the way it is written. It is not so complicated when you actually do it. You need to send a notarized affidavite to the superintendent of the school district you live in. The items required to be included are spelled out in this document. I strongly suggest that you join a local homeschool support group. They will be able to give you specific help with the school district that you will be working with. This group may help you there. If after you read the law you still have questions, please come back and ask away. We're here to help.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota