question about keystone exams
    Unregistered Guest

Default question about keystone exams

Hi,
    Our kids are both in high school and in a public school. We are planning on homeschooling them for the rest of their high school time starting after we withdraw them from public school this June.
    Do my kids have to still take the keystone exams? They are both scheduled to take and retake them in May.
    Thank you,
    Brenda

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

The keystone exams are for students in public schools. They have nothing to do with homeschoolers. You will be required to provide an annual written assessment of your students work and progress to the school district as a part of your annual report.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

pa . mom Guest

Default pssa test

[QUOTE=fairylover;49441]The keystone exams are for students in public schools. They have nothing to do with homeschoolers. You will be required to provide an annual written assessment of your students work and progress to the school district as a part of your annual report.[/
    The administrator told me my kids have to take the test. I homeschooled them the end of the 2013 2014 school year,the administrator said I could not wave my rite to dismiss them cause it was too late in the year .Where can I get a copy quickly,the portfolio is due June 30.

Default Re: question about keystone exams

I know in my district we're still required to have testing done in 3rd, 5th, and 8th grade. We do the CAT testing for that and it's real easy. We then just submit the results to our evaluator when we turn in our portfolio to her.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: question about keystone exams

Pennsylvania homeschool laws mention four homeschool options. Only option one is actually homeschooling. The others are hiring a tutor or enrolling in alternative schools. Homeschooling is generally considered to be when the parent is in charge or directing the student's education (even if they delegate some of the actual teaching).

Approved tests are:1. California Achievement Test2. Comprehensive Testing Program (CTPIV)3. Iowa Test of Basic Skills4. Measure of Academic Progress (MAP)5. Metropolitan Achievement Test6. Peabody Achievement Individual Test – Revised Version7. Stanford Achievement Test8. Terra Nova9. Woodcock Johnson Revised Tests of Achievement III10. Woodcock-Johnson IV11. Wechsler Individual Achievement Test III (WIAT-III)

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!