What do you find most frustrating about homeschooling in Pennsylvania?
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default What do you find most frustrating about homeschooling in Pennsylvania?

There are so many wonderful things about homeschooling. We talk about them all the time. But we rarely talk about the frustrating things about it. So I thought we should start a discussion about the things that frustrate us most, either because it is Pennsylvania and the state laws or just homeschooling in general.

One of the things that is frustrating to me is that sometimes we are just never home. We have so many activities to choose from all the time and we don't want to miss out on something fun. But sometimes I would really just like to stay home. This week was a good example. Until the snow storm came and change our plans on a few days, we were scheduled every single day except for Friday. We even had an activity today. I don't want to say no to something that is fun or something my son could learn a lot from. But I'm a homebody by nature. Running all over creation 7 days a week is just not for me.

So what is most frustrating for you about homeschooling in Pennsylvania?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,
    Kathi

bethm95 is offline Junior Member

What I find frustrating about homeschooling in Pennsylvania are the stringent laws and all the paperwork that goes along with it. I despise having to submit a portfolio to an evaluator and THEN submit the same portfolio along with the evaluator's letter to the school district.

Blog Entries

Paperwork is always a pain. Have you found a good evaluator to work with.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

bethm95 is offline Junior Member

Yes, my homeschooling group has led me to some wonderful evaluators who do evaluations for FREE!!! They are wonderful for answering questions throughout the year as well about homeschooling.

Blog Entries

That's great. Having a wonderful homeschool group is the best thing ever.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota