What Do You Think Of This Referendum
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default What Do You Think Of This Referendum

Please let us know how you feel. Is this a good thing, a bad thing, something that is needed, invading parental rights?

MEMORANDUM
    Posted: March 21, 2013 02:35 PM
    To: All Senate members
    Subject: Child Protection Task Force County Notification
    My first co-sponsorship memo on this bill included a very significant omission that I wish to clarify through the underlined words in this co-sponsorship memo.

I plan to introduce a bill to address the recommendations made by the Task Force on Child Protection established by Senate Resolution 250.

My bill would require school districts to notify the county Child and Youth Agency when a child is enrolled in a home school program, cyber charter school, is truant or fails to register for school upon attaining compulsory school age if and only if the child, another household child, household parent or other household person has been the subject of a founded or indicated child-abuse report within the last 18 months.

If such situation exists and such notification is given, the county agency would promptly perform a safety and risk assessment at the household.

http://www.legis. state.pa. us/cfdocs/ Legis/CSM/ showMemoPublic. cfm?chamber= S&SPick= 20130& cosponId= 12256
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Seem like it has no real point other than to clarify something that is unnecessary in the first place. The whole thing though is nothing but a back door into homes. I would thing if there has been child abuse already in the last 18 months that CYS would already be involved. So why and how would a school district become involved. Know one thing for sure, a politician can emphasize "if and only if" in bold underlined rainbow sparkles that glow in the dark like a old school myspace gif but no doubt the underlings won't listen.

ps your link is incorrect

legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/Legis/CSM/showMemoPublic.cfm?chamber=S&SPick=20130&cosponId= 11867

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks for correcting the link. I must have copied it wrong. I agree that this is an unnecessary step that just allows for more government intrusion into families.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota