Attendance Records
    nadinewilliams82677 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Attendance Records

Hi, I have been homeschooling since August of 2012. I have never been asked for an attendance record. My daughter is 10 and we are just finishing the 4th grade. We did this program before, then we stopped and we just started it again. I have been keeping attendance just on a regular calendar. So I would like to know how everyone else submits an official attendance record to the school district. Thank you in advance to all that help.
    Sincerely,
    Nadine

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

There is nothing in the law that spells out exactly how this register of attendance must be kept. I think a simple calendar marked off for each day the child participated in learning activities would be enough to satisfy the school district. I keep a calendar. Each day I mark it as attended, sick, or school holiday. You could then copy this calendar and send it to the superintendent of your local school district. Since each district is a bit different in what they require I would talk to a local homeschool support group to find out what others in your school district do.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota