Hi just got accepted to homeschool.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    nadinewilliams11 Guest

Default Hi just got accepted to homeschool.

Hi, I'm Nadine and I just spoke to my daughter's superintendent and I was approved to homeschool her. She is going to the 4th grade. I'm very excited to be able to teach her. She has special needs, and I'm looking for support groups within my area or on a bus route, and any advice for us. Have a nice night, bye.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome to time4learning and to homeschooling Nadine. It's so nice to meet you. Where are you located? That would help a lot in finding resources for you.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Default Hi thanks for writing back.

Quote Originally Posted by fairylover View Post
    Welcome to time4learning and to homeschooling Nadine. It's so nice to meet you. Where are you located? That would help a lot in finding resources for you.
    Good afternoon, nice to meet you too. I live in Central Falls, Rhode Island. I found a few places I'm looking to join Enrichri. The only problem that I have is that I don't have a car, and a lot of the groups aren't on a bus route. Well, I have to run but thanks again for responding, have a nice day.

Blog Entries

Transportation can be a problem when you are first starting out. Once you meet a few popel I'm sure you will be able to share rides and things like that. Homeschoolers tend to be very helpful people.

nadinewilliams11 Guest

Default I have a question about books.

I am trying to find textbooks for my daughter. I have been getting the runaround from the school department. There aren't any people around to help. I tried looking on websites, but do you know of the approved curriculum books? She is supposed to go to 4th grade, but she is on a 3rd grade level. Thanks for the advice.

Blog Entries

The school is not required to offer you textbooks. Although some schools will. We personally use time4learning for our curriculum and find that it meets my fourth grader's needs. But there are tons of different curriculums out there to chose from.

nadinewilliams11 Guest

Default Thanks for the help.

The school is not required to offer you textbooks. Although some schools will. We personally use time4learning for our curriculum and find that it meets my fourth grader's needs. But there are tons of different curriculums out there to chose from.
    Oh, see I thought that you needed books for homeschooling. You really helped me out a lot, I was getting so frustrated. Books and curriculum are very expensive. But I thought you needed them to show that you are able to homeschool. I wish I knew someone around me that homeschools. I know in Central Falls, there are courses you are required to take, basically it's everything on here, and the history of Rhode Island, Gym, and Health. So I should be all set, and not have to spend a lot of money. Thanks for the help, you saved me almost $300. And I'm not exaggerating that either. Have a good evening.

Blog Entries

Here is a link to what is required in Rhode Island. Rhode Island Homeschooling Laws - A to Z Home's Cool Good luck in your journey.

Unregistered Guest

Default Thank You

Here is a link to what is required in Rhode Island. Rhode Island Homeschooling Laws - A to Z Home's Cool Good luck in your journey.
    Hi, I'm going to check it out now.

Blog Entries

Let us know if you have any more questions.
    Last edited by fairylover; 07-23-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast