Need HELP and INFORMATION
    Megara137 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face Need HELP and INFORMATION

My Granddaughter will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. I am her primary care giver. We are moving to Florida by the end of the year. We are planning to Homeschool her there .I don't wan to enroll her in traditional school in RI for a couple of months . She will have enough change and transition with our move .I don't want to add school to the list. My question is what should I do ? How do I go about homeschooling or using an on-line homeschool here before I move ?THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCE !!!!!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

If your granddaughter will not be 6 years old by September 1, you do not have to do anything at all in Rhode Island. I think the only thing you have to do if your child is over the age of 6 is to keep attendance records. But I don't want to give you the wrong information. I am heading out now. But I will look in to this again when I get home.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

As far as I can tell the only requirement for Rhode Island is that the registrar must be kept and turned in at the end of the school year. Joing a local homeschool support group would be best because they will know the ends and outs of the local school district where you live.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota