Programs available in RI?
    Unregistered Guest

Default Programs available in RI?

I have a unique situation. My child cannot function in the public school due to some special needs. The school was not keeping my child safe. Literally ended up in the hospital several times due to their inability to handle my child's issues. I am now homeschooling, but financially I'm so worried that I can't continue to do it.

Does anyone from RI know of any programs where a child with severe special needs may be able to safely attend so I could work some? Or does anyone know of any school that may be adequate to take care of such a child? I want to continue homeschooling, but I am a single parent with no support.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I don't know anything about the school programs in Rhode Island. Perhaps you could find someone to provide child care so you could work. There is n o reason why his school has to be from 8 to 3. You could work during the day time and homeschool in the evening. Your child care provider could even help supervise your son while he works on time4learning. I hope it works out for you.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

Unregistered Guest

Thank you for your response. That's actually what I'm trying to find though. Some type of program or person who can supervise my child so I could work. Unfortunately because of my child's physical disabilities and psychological issues, I have not been able to find anywhere or anyone who can manage the issues.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Good luck on your search. I know how hard it can be to find help when your child has special needs.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota