Summer Is Almost Here

View Poll Results: How do you homeschool over the summer?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • We dismiss for the summer at the same time public schools dismiss.

0 0%
  • We continue to homeschool over the summer, but in a much more laid back manner.

0 0%
  • We homeschool year round taking breaks occasionally throughout the year.

0 0%
  • We are always laid back so summer breaks make no difference.

0 0%
  • Travel, vacations, and trips give us more hands on homeschooling during the summer.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Default Summer Is Almost Here

I thought I would do a poll to see how or if we homeschool over the summer. I know some people stop all formal schooling as soon as public schools dismiss for the summer. Others continue to homeschool over the summer but in a more laid back approach. Still others continue to hit the books every day year round. So, how do you homeschool over the summer and how does it affect your family life.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

ljmac is offline Junior Member

Our plan was to homeschool year round, taking off to enjoy spring and holidays. We also sometimes tag along on my husband's business trips so the kids and I get a mini vacation unless there are great museums. We took the entire month of March off to relocate so we will be schooling into June this year. I'm sure we will take the summer months off to enjoy the beaches and other summer activities. In the South is was so HOT during the summer months we preferred to school during that time and have our summer months divided between spring and fall. It also allowed us to take field trips while the public school kids were back in school. We made the mistake of taking a field trip during the summer and the lines were LONG.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

I make it a point to check the public school calender before I plan any field trips. I don't want to get somewhere and then find out that it is a school holiday. We usually do school during the summer months for the same reasons. It is just to hot to play outside so why not be learning.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota