iPad and Time4Learning!
    hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default iPad and Time4Learning!

It occurred to me that roadschoolers might have iPads, or be curious about whether their T4L lessons would work on iPad.

I've been reluctant to recommend the new app that allows Flash programs to run on iPad, because I hadn't tried it yet. (Time4Learning has previously not worked on iPad, because it's Flash based.)

I downloaded iSWiFTER to my iPad yesterday, and spent quite a bit of time playing with Time4Learning lessons. They work great! The app is free for thirty minutes (for people like me, who were skeptical about whether it would work, or might be awkward to us). After that, it's 4.99 to purchase (which I eagerly did).

All you do is access T4L through iSWiFTER, instead of Safari. It's that easy. I am excited about this, as it makes my iPad so much more useful to me!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

tiffaney is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have an ipad but it won't work. I have the first ipad not the ipad2, I wonder if that is what the problem is? It says my browser doesn't meet the minimum requirements, and to update my browser. Tech stuff isnt my specialty! Lol. Ugh. I was soooo hoping it would work that would be great! Any advice?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Mine is an iPad2. Maybe that app doesn't work on the original iPad. I'll do some checking.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

thegaddy5 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much Kelly. I've been searching for a way to make t4l work on my iPad 2!!! Off to find I swifter!!!
    Jamie
    Mother of six- homeschooling healthy with MOMSCHOOL
    Online Education for Kids and Homeschool Online

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I know this is an older post, but I just saw it so I thought I'd share...my boys both have first gen iPads and they do their T4L with a browser app called Puffin.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!

melissamallen Guest

Default iPad and Time4 Learning - what do you do for the printouts?

Hi,

I'm taking a look at using Time4Learning (love the suggestion of the iSWiFTER - had already heard of Puffin). What I'm still unsure about are the printables.

How many printables do you usually use? We are going to be roadschooling with access to wireless/iPads, but won't have a printer. Will that affect our experience with Time4Learning?

Thanks!
    Melissa

proud2Bgreen is offline Senior Member

Hi Melissa, To be honest, I hardly ever print them. They are nice and of course are always a helpful bonus, but IMO will not effect the learning experience this program offers, if you are unable to print them. I hope I have answered you question and eased your fears. I am sorry that I have not answered you any sooner, but with the Holiday's and all the extra traveling we have been doing, it has kept me busy to say the least. If you have any more questions, please ask away!

~Merry Christmas
    Roadschooling Mom to DD & DS