Tablet users help!
    Shorty00 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Tablet users help!

What kind of tablet is best for time4learning on the road? We are new to homeschooling and spend a decent amount of time on the road. We have a Kindle but cannot get the videos to play even when we connect through the Puffin Academy website (there is no ability to download the app on the Kindle that I can find). We are now tablet shopping because we don't feel the screen on the phone is big enough for doing school work. Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated! I do know that I need a tablet that is both wi-fi and cellular capable for connecting and I am leaning toward an i-pad or an android based tablet. We had an RCA tablet and it quit within two weeks and they would not return our money because we didn't purchase an extended warranty plan.

Thanks!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Tablet users help!

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

You need Puffin Academy to use TIme4Learning on a tablet (except the preschool level). That app is available in Apple's app store and in the Google Play Store. Kindle uses its own "store" and. last time I checked, they did not have Puffin Academy.

Any tablet to which you can download apps from the playstore will work, but Puffin Academy is a little hard to get used to, so this page is helpful: How to Use Puffin Academy.

If I were looking for an affordable device to use with Time4Learning, I would get a Chromebook. You can find them for $200 or less and you don't need an app to use them for Time4Learning. That's what my own son uses with his lessons, and it works great!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Shorty00 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi! Welcome to the forum!

You need Puffin Academy to use TIme4Learning on a tablet (except the preschool level). That app is available in Apple's app store and in the Google Play Store. Kindle uses its own "store" and. last time I checked, they did not have Puffin Academy.

Any tablet to which you can download apps from the playstore will work, but Puffin Academy is a little hard to get used to, so this page is helpful: How to Use Puffin Academy.

If I were looking for an affordable device to use with Time4Learning, I would get a Chromebook. You can find them for $200 or less and you don't need an app to use them for Time4Learning. That's what my own son uses with his lessons, and it works great!
    Thanks for your help! Do you use it on the road where there is no Wifi available?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You have to have an Internet connection (or phone data connection) to use Time4Learning, regardless of the device you choose. Some options for when you are actually driving down the road are to tether to your phone's data or to get a mobile hotspot. I think most people would do the online lessons while they are stationery and near public wi-fi.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!