T4L Science vs Science 4 us?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: T4L Science vs Science 4 us?

NewBEE2015 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question T4L Science vs Science 4 us?

I notice that some use T4L Science and some use Science 4 Us. Can someone explain what makes the difference between the two and why they use it?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning has limited science lessons until third grade (although they were some of my own kids' favorite activities). There just aren't very many. I had my own kids do BOTH first and second grade science every year until third grade, and they always seemed to learn something new. A year is a long time to a child that age, and they often couldn't remember ever seeing that lesson or worksheet before.

T4L's third grade science is text based, so it can be quite a shock for kids who are used to the animated lessons. Science4Us remains animated. If I remember correctly, it is for K-3, but I used it for a fourth grader once. It is pretty thorough for that age group. Science-y families love that. Others prefer to focus on math and language during their student's early years.

If you don't want another program, remember that Time4Learning's first and second grade language arts extensions are all based around science and social studies themes, and those little science lessons are great for providing more science instruction. Just check out library books on the topics your kids are particularly interested in.

Time4Learning's new middle school science lessons are wonderful as soon as your student is ready for them.
    lovehmschlg and wbutler2015 like this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

NewBEE2015 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you! That was helpful.

katshu2 is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NewBEE2015 View Post
    I notice that some use T4L Science and some use Science 4 Us. Can someone explain what makes the difference between the two and why they use it?

Hi NewBEE! I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I wanted to take a moment and see if you knew about the recent partnership between T4L and S4U? There are now 300+ S4U science activities available (for FREE!) to T4L members in grades K-3! If your kiddos are in those grade levels, you can activate those activities in your parent account. Just click on the My Students tab at the top, then go into the subject: grade - change option for each student.
    Katie
    Coffee drinker, gadget addict, proud geek.
    Accidentally homeschooling since 2005!